We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When can you start exercising after giving birth?
Despite widespread opinions, you can practice after delivery shortly after delivery. If we want to, we can go back to activity the second day after the natural delivery and the week after the cesarean section, but the exercises cannot be forced and should be very sparing. This is very important because too intense exercise can lead to many unpleasant consequences. It is not worth risking and exercising, clearly drowning out signals coming from the body. You should start slowly and watch your body.
Exercises after delivery begin with inexhaustible Kegel muscle exercises (three times a day for ten repetitions), feet and arms. Then the abdomen and legs. The general rule is listening to your body, which usually knows what is best for us.
If we have any doubts, it is worth consulting a doctor. Especially if the puerperium period is extremely difficult for us, it is worth waiting six weeks and get the consent of the gynecologist to perform physical exercises.
The illusion of group exercises
If we can only exercise at home, the feeling that we are not training alone can be obtained by purchasing exercise DVDs. However, for maintaining high readiness it would be best to have at least a few discs that we could exchange to diversify physical activity.
Motivation can also be gained in other ways: namely to combine exercises with play with the child. The toddler does not have to interrupt us in caring for the figure.
How do you practice playing with your child?
- We lie on the floor on the back and the baby on the chest. Then, catching under the bars, lift the child up and return to the starting position. In this way, we train the upper muscles of the body: especially the arms and chest. However, note: this exercise is recommended for children who hold their heads on their own and already have a stiff back.
- Most after mum complain about the appearance of the belly, so daily walks and bustling around the house should combine with the exercise of classic crunches. We put the baby on his tummy, bend his legs and belaying the toddler, we make slopes just like on a tummy.
- We do the next exercise. holding the child at breast height, standing wide apart, directing his feet outwards. The back should be straight, the abdominal muscles tense. Without leaning forward, we go down as if to sit on an invisible ball. In the course of going down, we breathe in, and when we return to the starting position, we exhale.
- The next exercise is carried out, holding the child at breast height, arms outstretched in front of him. The back should be straight and the stomach tight. Legs should be spaced slightly wider than hips. We go down, as in the previous exercise and we direct the bottom slightly back, keeping the weight on the heels.
- We hold the child under the reins, back to back, and lean on your chest. The back should be straight and the stomach tight. We protrude the leg (once left, once right back) and go down in this position downwards, without leaning forward.
- We do the exercise lying down on its side. We put the child side by side on our backs. Lightly rest your head on your hand, bend your legs slightly, stretch your stomach. We snap our fingers, do not point towards the ceiling. We make leg swings upwards. When the legs are directed up, we inhale, when downwards: exhale.
Or maybe fitness exercises with children?
There is no problem in larger cities. Most fitness clubs provide special classes for young mothers and babies. They are constructed in such a way that a woman can exercise with a child or without difficulty in his presence. The organizers pay special attention to the choice of background music and choreography. Typically, classes in terms of style are close to Pilates, quiet forms of general development activity. An additional advantage of this form of entertainment: it is an opportunity to meet other moms and train in a group.
Exercise and breastfeeding
Exercise too intense can adversely affect the taste of milk (due to the accumulation of lactic acid). Therefore, it is worth feeding the baby just before training, so as not to give breasts afterwards (ideally at this time, give milk previously pumped with a breast pump).
Why is it worth
Exercises after giving birth have many benefits:
- better mood
- faster return to the figure before pregnancy (faster uterine contraction)
- in the early puerperium (up to 14 days), exercises prevent thrombosis, improve cardiovascular work,
- improvement of digestive system work, acceleration of metabolism,
- more energy
- calm down and positive fatigue,
Contraindications for exercise immediately after delivery
- hard to heal crotch wound
- puerperal infection
- weakness preventing training.
Do you practice after pregnancy? What did your exercises look like?