We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
What the doctor suggests after the examination at the end of pregnancy is just a guess. The specialist has no, because he can't, be sure when the labor campaign will really start. It is up to the child to decide. Of course, the gynecologist does not bode from coffee grounds, but to make hypotheses he uses his knowledge and what he will see during the examination.
First of all, the date of delivery can be assessed on the basis of such symptoms as lowering of the bottom of the uterus, assessment of the degree of lowering of the leading part of the fetus, shortening and dilation of the cervix, changes in cervical softness and its forward movement, which may suggest rapid delivery.
On the other hand, it should be remembered that the changes referred to above may occur in future mothers a few days or even a few weeks before the solution. That is why they cannot be taken for granted.
Read: pregnancy after the deadline.
Homemade ways to induce labor
Waiting for childbirth and impatience with this fact is a feeling that has accompanied future mothers for centuries. They have so far invented many ways (better or worse, whose effectiveness remains in the sphere of discussion) for home-inducing birth.
Unfortunately home remedies have not been proven to be effective. They are still accompanied by many superstitions. The main difficulty is that it is really difficult to assess whether delivery was actually due to the method or regardless of it.
- Going - one of the most recommended ways to induce labor. There is a perception that walking can make a child want to go down to the pelvis. It is to be helped by the force of gravity and the swinging of the hips. Similarly, superstition is to clean floors or windows.
- Sex - there are conflicting theories on this topic. One suggests that sex thanks to the ingredients of sperm (prostagnaldins) allows you to speed up delivery, the other that the opposite happens and intercourse before the solution can at most delay the delivery. What to do then? Listen to yourself. If you feel like it, it's worth having sex that will be out of reach for a few weeks after giving birth. Read: Pregnant sex.
- Stimulate warts - this method is often recommended by midwives, it involves touching, massaging and twisting the nipples. If the stimulation takes place long enough, for about an hour a day, you can count on the release of oxytocin, which is responsible for the initiation of labor contractions. On the other hand, some experts warn that such long, long-lasting stimulation of the warts can only result in severe, onerous contractions that will not necessarily be associated with delivery.
- Drinking tea - childbirth according to grandma's suggestions can also be caused by drinking teas from raspberry leaves or bedbugs. Some experts, however, suggest caution because of the lack of research into the safety of using these herbs in pregnancy.
- Castor oil - the effectiveness of this method is to be based on the effect of purging, i.e. stimulating the work of the intestines. Unfortunately, often instead of childbirth, you can only "vomit", diarrhea, severe uterine contractions.
Read memories of the last four weeks before delivery.
Is it worth trying to induce labor on your own? Each woman should decide for herself, preferably after medical consultation.
It is worth remembering that if the delivery does not take place two weeks after the due date, it will still be induced by pharmacological methods. Either way, delivery will take place, even if we are looking forward to it.