We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Nausea and vomiting are one of the first symptoms of pregnancy. Women who suffer from this discomfort feel them from the first stages of pregnancy. They usually appear mainly in the morning but some pregnant women feel them throughout the day. In most cases, nausea usually subsides by the end of the first trimester of pregnancy.
It is generally an indication that pregnancy hormones have elevated levels. Another cause for nausea and vomiting is that the sense of taste and smell increase considerably and any smell or taste can cause a feeling of disgust and rejection. Some women find it difficult to even get out of bed due to discomfort from dizziness.
The nausea and vomiting of pregnancy cause great discomfort to the expectant mother but are not serious for the fetus. In case of very repeated episodes of vomiting and that the body does not admit food or drinkIt is advisable to go to the emergency department to avoid dehydration.
It is very common for a woman who has suffered episodes of nausea and vomiting in a pregnancy, to suffer this discomfort again in successive pregnancies. Likewise, women whose mothers have also suffered from them are more likely.
Iron supplements taken during pregnancy can also cause stomach discomfort.
There is no treatment that completely eliminates the feeling of dizziness and the urge to vomit during pregnancy, but there are small remedies that can help alleviate this discomfort:
1. Eat five meals a day: it is about eating little and often. Must avoid both the emptiness in the stomach and large meals that leave a feeling of satiety.
2. Avoid certain foods: Very strong, very fatty or excessively spicy and spicy foods are not remedies for nausea and vomiting. It is advisable to avoid these foods.
3. Acupuncture has been shown to be effective in alleviating these symptoms. A study by Brazilian researchers revealed that 75% of women treated with acupuncture during pregnancy improved their digestions. However, it is not advisable to prick in the abdomen or lower back.
4. It is advisable to drink plenty of water, preferably outside of meals to avoid dehydration.
5. Vitamin B6 or a pregnant diet can help alleviate nausea and vomiting.
6. Consult with your doctor the possibility of prescribing you some anti-nausea medicine that you can take in your state.
You can read more articles similar to Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy: causes and solutions, in the category of Diseases - annoyances on site.